View Single Post

Administrator

Stijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to behold

Jul 6, 2010, 11:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Ementaler View Post
I think that in Rabbit Journal there could be a thing similar to that used in forums, like a "new posts" text next to its name. Or at least an exclamation mark, or using a bold/italic font. Same thing with comments to the news in the frontpage.
That's a nice idea. I'm not sure yet how it would be done from a technical point of view, but it's definitely something to keep in mind.

Quote:
The number of screenshot for an upload could be based on the number of .j2l files in it, like:
0 : 2 screenshots (in case it's an utility or something)
1-3 : 2 screenshots
4-6 : 3 screenshots
7 and more : 4 screenshots
Or something like this, so there can be more for large packs/episodes and no unneccesary ones for stand-alone levels.
I don't see why it'd be necessary to lower the amount of screenshots from 3 to 2 for some uploads. Increasing it would be impractical because it'd require a change in the page layout (3 fits rather nicely now, for 4 the whole box would have to be formatted differently).

Quote:
Credits box should be much bigger or deleted. I'm not using it because it's annoyingly small and it's hard to write in it.
Only making it bigger would be an option, since a lot of existing uploads do use it. I've thought about some alternate approaches (like it being possible to upload a level under multiple accounts, so no "Ragnarok & DarkSonic" (for example) accounts would be needed either), but there's definitely room for improvement anyway. Not sure what would be the best way to do it though.

Quote:
Also, there could be a link to that Text Formatting page from more places. If I want to reach a certain effect in my level description/review, I need to go to the pictures section first to ensure how (btw, there's also no preview option for those).
Good point. A preview option has been requested before, and is definitely on the todo list, but I personally haven't gotten around to doing it yet (maybe, maybe soon...)