View Single Post

JCF Member

DoubleGJ has disabled reputation

Jul 18, 2007, 10:44 AM
Not really the worst, I'd say it was definately too short. The level I liked the least was Zapper's - not only it looks bad and rushed, but also lacks testing. AFAIK, there's no way for Jazz (not even mentioning Lori) to get out of the bottom area without cheating. He can't get to the exit area from the right side too, so the whole unlinearity of this level seems more of level design lazyness than anything. Lastly, it breaks the local canon of calling the player just "You" and instead uses "Jazz" which I won't even bother to prove badly chosen (also it should be noted that even level 4 uses the classic "You"). I did, however, like level 2 a lot - even though it has quite a lot of elements ripped off EvilMike's Deserto Orbital Base, it's at least a good source to borrow from and works just fine. The level design is also enjoyable and deals a good pack of entertainment with many basic tricks (bypassing closed gates with unobvious means is a good example). I think that this project goes in a good direction, just goes a bit slow and the story has become somewhat awkward (why the hell we need those chips anyway, we're now working for the bad guys or what?)

Two Games Joined releases:
Control / Splinter (twin singles)
|| Ballistic Bunny (EP)
||
Beyond (maxi-single)
|| Beyond: Remixed (remix EP)
|| Inner Monsters OST (mini-album)
||
Shadows (album)