View Single Post
Xerxes

JCF Member

Xerxes has disabled reputation

Oct 21, 2018, 03:12 PM
Best way to organize the levels?

So I got a bit crazy on downloading from J2O, now I have lots of levels in my JJ2 folder. I thought that it would be a good idea to just sort them in separate folders but it turns out that some levels no longer work properly - especially if they have MLLE-Data. For example:

I have found this pretty awesome and simple level called "Jellybattle1B" (which contains Angel Script file and "Jellybattle1B-MLLE-Data-1.j2l"). First I just moved all 3 files into a separate folder, but it turns out that all .j2as files have to be located directly in JJ2 folder. So I then tried to move just the level by itself, but it turns out that the level can't be separated from it's MLLE-Data file LOL. Eventually I have moved both .j2l files (the level itself, and the MLLE-Data), leaving only Angel Script directly in JJ2 folder. This didn't work either as MLLE could no longer find the tileset for the level...

At the end of the day I'm kind of forced to keep all the levels in the main JJ2 folder. That's something I'd prefer to avoid. There is too many of them and I'd like to sort them according to categories (like "Single Player" vs. "Battle" vs. "CTF", etc.). Are there any good solutions to this?