View Single Post
Strato

JCF Member

Strato is doing well so far

Apr 16, 2008, 08:03 AM
I think all of us have at some point or another had the idea of just making a new platformer as a "spiritual successor" to Jazz2. And honestly, it's probably one of the better ideas in terms of realism, cost, et cetera. We'd know the code a whole lot more intimately, rather than relying on potentially poorly documented and confusing source code. We could even have it compatible with JJ2 levels, somehow. Naturally, this is incredibly ambitious, but considering thusfar, to my knowledge at least, there hasn't been a coordinated movement about it. It's just been one man teams of people who run out of energy very quickly. I know I've been there =\. It'd be at least prudent to come up with some sort of design documentation or plans so that we'd have an idea of what to be looking for, in case we wanted to create this project. Considering the pool of coding talent, we'd have a good shot at at least getting somewhere with the idea. So long as nothing from JJ2 is packaged with the game, we can have the option of using files (to my knowledge, it's under fair use) that came with it.