View Single Post

JCF Member

Treylina is a forum legendTreylina is a forum legendTreylina is a forum legend

Nov 10, 2014, 10:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRSplatinum View Post
I know I shouldn't bombard people with suggestions, but here's an idea I can't forget.

The morph crates always go Jazz->Spaz->Lori.

In addition to this, there could be crates that morph only to a specific character.

The crates could show the character's face to show who you are morphing into.
I guess the whole idea is that this suggestion is meant to be backwards compatible, but I'm not sure if it's practical, as non/old plussers wouldn't be able to see the new sprites, so they would likely freak out why they can't cycle characters.

Overall, it sounds like it would have a rather niche use (like tests where you have to hit a morph in the middle. It could probably help with making the jazzspaz test work in TSF, though it would require additional morphs or scripted morphs at warp targets.)

I don't reject the idea, just that it sounds low priority (I do a lot of the new in-game spritework.)

I think a character morph that would be more practical towards backwards compatiblity, is to have a spriteless one where you walk into it to morph (much like the frog morph, as long it isn't coop/sp only). And the number parameter effecting what character you'll change into. I suppose a bird one could be thrown in there too. But I'm no programmer, so maybe it's not possible.

Jazz Jackrabbit group: https://discord.gg/vZm95tQ

Last edited by Treylina; Nov 10, 2014 at 10:01 AM. Reason: to reduce confusion