View Single Post

JCF Member

Seren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to all

Sep 21, 2010, 09:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fquist View Post
EDIT: I think that there is good chance (some) people with a high reputation will think "see, people appreciate my posts, and they're right, so the system works". On the other hand, people with low reputation will think "people don't appreciate my posts, and they're wrong, so the system doesn't work".

That said, I think the system works. The people whose posts I typically enjoy seem to have a higher reputation than others.
I actually understand only the logic of the last sentence and not really agree with it. Although, let's say the system works. My true goal isn't prooving it doesn't. I'm only noticing those "people don't appreciate my posts" guys. Everyday you can hear that the community and JJ2 are dying but you're just giving people a next reason to leave or stop the activity. You're discussing every feature you want to put to the game itself to ensure it won't kill it, and a while later you're easily adding a whole new kind of ranking to the forums.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fquist
EDIT2: People who take reputation more personally are more likely to be against it, but are also more likely to get into more personal arguments or complain about negative reputation. Both these actions generally cause more negative reputation. Selffulfilling-ish prophecy!
cooba already explained it to me few times. I still don't see any part of it which would make it an argument to keep the system.

I am an official JJ2+ programmer and this has been an official JJ2+ statement.