View Single Post

JCF Éminence Grise

Radium is an asset to this forum

Oct 5, 2007, 11:04 AM
"Alright everyone," I announced, "sitting down here won't get us any closer to Blackraptor. We must find out what the boxclaw, the clocktower and the pump do, and how we're going to get them into action. I'm going outside to investigate. Anyone who wants to join me, please do so. Those who stay here should hide under the blankets, since I'm going to redirect the heat." Uberbob put up his hand for a high-five, which I ignored.

"Yeah, Shuri, about that..." Fawriel began, "I understand you're enthusiastic, and apparently getting even more enthusiastic as time goes on, but.. well, maybe we should just kick back for a bit. We haven't had a decent night's sleep since back on Antifoo Isle, and even there we spent most of the night watching a wagon or something."

"Not to mention that if you turned off the heat, we'd have to kill you," Araches added as she finished magically cooking the frozen meals, which were starting to smell very edible.

"What about Leetzan?" I asked, ignoring the aroma of actual food. "She could be in danger, or dead."

Fawriel shrugged. "If she's dead, Canoe or I can fix it. If we try to drag outselves into another battle while half asleep, though, we might end up dead."

"Anyway, did any of us really like L33tz4n much?" Seeing Fawriel start to raise his hand, Araches added "-besides Faw."

"Not really, but-"

"Shur, dear, the rest of today is just going to be a 'don't do anything' day. Oh, except eat and sleep and see if Fooruman has any more alcoholic drinks on him." Araches pulled the plastic cover off a freshly heated tray of lasagna and shoved it my way. "Hope you don't mind sharing with Uberbob."