View Single Post
Jojo

JCF Member

Jojo is doing well so far

Aug 10, 2010, 12:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FawFul View Post
I am still requesting i can open and save .j2b files.
That will certainly not happen, as it's a niche format and you can use mod2j2b if you really want to have J2B files. Afterall, J2B is not a stand-alone format - It's just a converted format (there is no tracker to generate j2b files natively), so it doesn't make sense to support it. And afterall, you can just throw your MOD/S3M/XM/IT files at Jazz2 and it will play them without conversion.

Quote:
Old versions (in my case 1.17.02.48, and a few other i cant remember) still say that 1.17.02.53 is the newest version
The updater has been removed and is not maintained anymore.

Quote:
MPT incorrectly reads some songs endpoint, and therefore cuts the track early. This is most noticable (that ive seen, having converted near every j2b in existance) with dang.j2b and carrotus .j2b. Dangs original track length is 2:17 but is saved as 1:12, and Carrotus's original is 1:51 while saving at 1:22
You're wrong here. You most likely compare MPT's output to the tracks from Lori Central, right? I can only say it again that those files are pre-releases and do differ from the final versions.
Even if the order list in dang.j2b was read incorrectly (which I am 100% sure it isn't), there is still a pattern jump command in the last pattern which would jump to pattern 2 in any case.

Quote:
As for fixing support on custom .j2b's, the reading and quality is improved, but certain tracks still experience unexpected clipping.
Define clipping and give proper examples, please.
I know that the Galaxy Sound System (the thing which plays the music in Jazz2) has several flaws and doesn't interpret all MOD effects like a standard player would do it. OpenMPT does of course not emulate those bugs and output will sound like in any proper module player (read: as the modules which were converted to J2B were intended to sound).

Last edited by Jojo; Aug 10, 2010 at 12:16 PM.