View Single Post

JCF Member

Seren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to all

Dec 20, 2022, 10:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Violet CLM View Post
The time spent spinning around hpole/vpole events is reduced (from a second to roughly a third of a second). The amount of speed gained from the pole remains unchanged.
When I read this I thought I would complain, but I think this is a surprisingly positive change in most contexts. It feels unnaturally fast so I would prefer a halfway point compromise but I do like this and can't name a level it would ruin.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Violet CLM
If you do a double jump, land on the ground, and then walk off a cliff, you can do another double jump in the air while falling, even though you hadn't pressed the jump key again since your last double jump.
This is a buff. It should be disallowed in tests (I believe I have myself made a test level or two whose design relies in a major way on the current behavior) but aside from that I don't actually have a big issue with it.
Quote:
When landing from a buttstomp, you always show the dedicated animation for landing from a buttstomp, rather than randomly bouncing up into the air sometimes.
This should be disabled in tests, as very many of them rely on the current behavior and are impossible to complete in this build. I don't think it has significant impact outside of them.
Quote:
You can double jump (or start copter earing) just by pressing jump once while falling, without having to double-tap jump or hold jump a long time before the final press. (Subject of this thread.)
As I mentioned before, this makes the game really hard to play for me, and despite that is a major buff to Spaz in general. I constantly double jump when I don't want to, there are certain jumps that this change makes outright impossible (encountered in actual test levels in the wild), and many more jumps that used to be impossible that this enables. This should be disabled in tests and should also have a client-side switch at minimum.
Quote:
The timing for being able to initiate a special move by pressing jump while holding down is made much more generous, not requiring you to come to a stop and hold down for several ticks.
I didn't think I'd complain about this but I do. I hate this. I unintentionally performed a sidekick more times than I could count when running this build - when trying to quickly stop my momentum by buttstomping or when trying to buttstomp a crate. It also seemed to weirdly let me initiate a sidekick slightly off the ground on one occasion? I constantly use this set of inputs to buttstomp and the reduced delay on sidekick screws me over, albeit somewhat randomly. I want to say this should be scrapped wholesale as I personally see no point in changing the current behavior, but if not, it should have a client-side switch and possibly be disabled in tests.

Everything else looks good aside from the issues already raised.

I am an official JJ2+ programmer and this has been an official JJ2+ statement.