View Single Post

JCF Member

Simon is doing well so far

May 13, 2023, 05:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Violet CLM View Post
To the best of my knowledge this [skipping the water load trigger] was never changed, or if it was, it's available again in the most recent release.
Now I agree, and I believe J2+ never changed this from vanilla. I looked through my old attempts in J2+ from 2017, and it was possible even in J2+ to skip the water by holding jump.

Quote:
I don't think this [Colony 1 bitchslap damage boost] has changed either, unless we're talking about different huge boosts. The timing is just unpleasantly precise to the point of feeling mostly random.
For reference: This boost happens in Colony 1, on the first roof. BinaryBlob's E1-4 as Jazz in 18:37 uses it around 5:55; the rightwards boost happens roughly a second after health drops from 5 to 4 hearts.

It's possible that you're right, and it's merely precise. I don't have Jazz 2 installation around to test here, and (unlike with the water skip) I don't remember if I discussed possible differences (between vanilla and J2+ about this boost) with BinaryBlob or Dominator_101.

Quote:
This [Spaz clipping into ceilings] sounds to me like part of the "wallclimbing" behavior that can be re-enabled by ticking "Quirks Mode" in the "Plus" dropdown menu, which the speedrun mode will enable on its own. But let me know if I'm misreading you and you're talking about something else.
I believe that, yes, this upwards-clipping behavior is wallclimbing, and we're talking about the same thing.

(Sorry for the absurd delay -- I've read your answer in December 2021 already, and put off an immediate reply.)

-- Simon