View Single Post

JCF Member

Jerrythabest is a forum legendJerrythabest is a forum legendJerrythabest is a forum legend

Jul 28, 2010, 12:51 PM
Got some more updates today. First things first, the events.

Code:
  1=One Way          |One   |Way
 17=End of Level     |Level |End
 29=Start Position   |Level |Start
 33=Battery Holder   |Batt  |Holder|Trigger ID:    6|Direction:     1
 35=Liferaft         |Life  |Raft  |Water ID:      6
 38=Elevator         |Ele-  |vator |Trigger ID:    6|Moves:         3|Direction:     1|Speed:   4|+Moves (x8):3
 40=Platform         |Plat- |form  |Trigger ID:    6|Moves:         3|Direction:     1|Speed:   4|+Moves (x8):3
 41=Water Pump       |Water |Pump  |Trigger ID:    6|Water ID 1:    6|Water ID 2:    6
 42=Recharge Gate    |Re-   |charge|Direction:     1
 46=Water Pool       |Water |Pool  |Water ID:      6|Width (tiles): 5|Height (tiles):5|Filled:  1|Mode:       1
 47=Belt             |Belt  |      |Trigger ID:    6|Speed:        -5|Length:        4|Duration:5
 50=Dripping Water   |Drip  |Water |Delay:         8
 51=Small Enemy      |Small |Enemy |Hanging:       1
 52=Large Enemy      |Large |Enemy |Hanging:       1
 53=Freddy the Dragon|Fred- |dy
 54=Rain             |Rain  |      |Damage:        5
 55=Monitor          |Moni- |tor   |Hanging:       1|Direction:     1
 56=End Boss         |End   |Boss
 58=Umbrella         |Umbr  |ella  |Trigger ID:    6|Moves:         3|Direction:     1|Speed:   4|+Moves (x8):3
 60=Extra Life       |Extra |Life
 61=Save Point       |Save  |Point |Trigger ID:    6
 62=Battery          |Bat-  |tery
 63=Super Battery    |Super |Batt
 65=Set Water Colour |Water |Colour|Surface colour:8|Deep colour:   8
 66=Button of Death  |Death |Button
 70=Leaking Energy   |NRG   |Leak

39=Elevator Stopper |Stop  |Elev  |Trigger ID:    6|(bool):        1
 43=Door             |Door  |      |Trigger ID:    6|Start low:     1|(bool):        1|Stop low:1|Speed:      3|Stomps:6
 44=Stomper          |Stom- |per   |Trigger ID:    6|Start low:     1|(bool):        1|Stop low:1|Speed:      3|Stomps:6
 48=Transporter      |Trans-|porter|Trigger ID:    6|Height (tiles):4|(0-15):        4|Speed:   4

37=(Alt water pump) |W.Pump|Ev. 37|Trigger ID:    6|Water ID 1:    6|Water ID 2:    6
 68=(Boss shot)      |B.Shot|Ev. 68
 69=(Fake battery)   |F.Batt|Ev. 69
I have finished the Belt event and made big progress on the Door, Stomper and Transporter events. There are only a few parameters left, of which I don't know their function.

I have also renamed a few things.
-'Water' has been renamed to 'Water Pool' and 'Recharger' to 'Recharge Gate' just for clarification. The 'Tracks' parameters are renamed to 'Moves' for the same reason.
-Although batteries remain full in Battery Holders with a 'Battery Holder Upgrade', none of the devices that are powered by them actually keep working infinitely. On a closer look, I discovered that the 'Battery Holder Upgrade' has a very different purpose: After you have placed a battery into a Battery Holder with a 'Battery Holder Upgrade', your position will be reset to that Battery Holder when you die. Therefore, I have renamed the 'Battery Holder Upgrade' to 'Save Point'. I'll make clear in the help files, that the actual Save Points are the Battery Holders sharing the same ID.
-The 'Full Water ID' and 'Empty Water ID' parameters of the Water Pump event have been renamed to 'Water ID 1' and 'Water ID 2' respectively, because it turns out Water Pumps don't really care about the water level. They just fill a Water Pool if it's empty, or flush it otherwise. They can even fill or flush two pools at the same time, if they have the same state.
-And, finally, all 'Global ID' parameters have been renamed to 'Trigger ID'. Although I still slightly prefer 'Global ID', I decided to rename them to make it much easier to explain what Battery Check uses the 'Difficulty' setting for. I'll make that clear in just a moment.

New graphical updates and screenshots
I have managed to change the UI colour! It's now BC-orange. I've used the image you see in the About window to get the right colours and implemented them straight into the exe file using a HEX editor. The active window uses Batteryman's yellow colour, the inactive ones use the colour of Batteryman's gloves and the scrollbars use the colour of Batteryman's legs. For the latter I also had to remake the arrow's graphic.

I cleaned up the Layer Properties window. Battery Check supports Textured Backgrounds, but doesn't support the Parallaxing Stars feature, nor the fade-to-a-specific-colour feature. So I moved the Texture Mode checkbox into the Properties group.

I also cleaned up the Level Properties window again. I had to re-do this because I lost all my work when I reinstalled my computer, as I've told earlier. The outcome is a little bit different from what I had first. I like it better this way.

I have added a little bit of text to the Set Tile Type window. I thought it was too unclear what these things did. Now it's clear.

A small but important change on the Set Event dialog. BC doesn't support object illumination, so I removed the Illuminate Surroundings checkbox. I used that space for the text 'Link event to local trigger group', replacing the text 'Difficulty'. It's the word 'local' in this phrase that made me rename 'Global ID' to 'Trigger ID' in the event parameters, as a 'local global ID group' doesn't make any sense at all. I know you're thinking "what sense does this make, then?" now. I'll explain.

Battery Check uses Jazz2's event difficulty setting for something completely different. All Trigger IDs appear to link to one another only within the same of the four groups of events. So Battery Holders set to Easy will only trigger devices with the same Trigger ID and the same difficulty setting (Easy, in this case). This way, you can re-use Trigger ID's in different areas of your level, hence the name 'local trigger group'. With, once again, the help of a HEX editor, I renamed the difficulty settings to 'White (default)', 'Yellow', 'Red' and 'Purple'. I chose for those names because it wouldn't be clear at first sight if an event is a member of 'Group #1' or 'Group #2' etc. Now the names are simply the colours they get in BCCS.

I've also changed the Search and Replace Events window. Removed Illuminate Surroundings and replaced the difficulty stuff.

I think that'll be everything for now. Last things to do are the icons and the last few event parameters. I must say it's really darn nice to work in BCCS now that it totally has this BC look and feel. Not only because of the colours but also because it's clean from Jazz2 features now.