View Single Post

JCF Éminence Grise

Radium is an asset to this forum

Jul 24, 2007, 11:05 AM
Before trying to open the door, I put my hands around the loose bolt that had once poured out steam. I tried to pull it out as hard as I could, digging my frozen fingers under the cold metal, but it remained stationary. If only I had some sort of prying device with which I could loosen it...

Despite the bolt, I was still freezing to death and quite ready to seek shelter. I fumbled around with the key in my numb hands until I managed to get it in the hole, gave it a twist, and was rewarded with the click of a door unlocking.
I pushed the door, slipped inside, and shut it behind me. It was still cold, but not the piercing, windy frigidness of outside. I let out a sigh of relief, which I could see swirl and float away ahead of me in the dim lighting.
I felt along the wall next to me for a switch or button, finding one and successfully lighting the room with the whiteish glow of halogen bulbs embedded in the ceiling. It looked like I was in a natural cave, refurbished to be a living quarters. A soft bed with blue covers was to my right, and next to it a nightstand with a crystal lamp. A small table was across from the bed, holding an onyx-hued laptop computer. A list was hanging on the wall ahead of me.
In the very center of the room, a blue carpet had "BR" embroidered in the center. "Blackraptor?" I asked myself, half expecting myself to reply.