Thread: Check this out
View Single Post

JCF Member

[GpW]Urbs is an asset to this forum

Jan 18, 2011, 02:08 PM
Check this out

http://web.archive.org/web/200012021...com/gclans.htm

EDIT: thanks cooba. other parts of the page are interesting as well if you ask me. I just focused on the clan section but I guess the topic of discussion could be wider
Hehe memories.
I think Angel UOI was pretty sexy.

666 is missing (God Promise to Win member was in charge of the clan section).
I was in FR, Fire Rabbits, with Maximus. I remember when we asked clanbase for a ladder, he voted for it although by then he had already been inactive for quite some time. I couldn't contact him though He was all for a jj2 ladder though

GPW is obviously there, this version of the site says 32 members, I distinctly remember that at one time the figure was 55.
A lot more clans had webpages, and there was a hell of a lot of clans. Clanhopping was rampant, thats why I don't like it when people today look down on 10 year old kids who swap clans like you and me swap shorts. Ofc they do, they're 10 years old ffs.

Black Wolves and their leader Merlin, whom I've never had the honour to meet, although I met dethman on some ctf games, so maybe I just don't remember merlin being there. Correct me if I'm wrong, but BW is supposedly the 1st ever clan of jj2. Also at the begining it was probably the best. Clans like UOI were VERY l33t as well. And I remember Eugene being a really swell guy.

Army of Darkness was the clan of a legendary croatian JJ2 player, Nemesis, who later joined GpW and was to be my starcraft 1 mentor. A very crafty player. Now probably a successful manager.

I'm pretty sure I was also in IKU, international killer unit, before reviving 666 (it had died away after the 1st serverlist crash in 99 was it?). Here I made one big mistake. I recruited people, and then never saw them online again and had no means of contacting them... noobish I know. Later on I always asked for people's ICQ. Then one of my members which I stole from GPW rejoined shadow's clan and I somehow followed, after asking if I could join and pwning Newspaz 5-3 on battle2, my favourite level for at least a year or two

Raptors were a big deal back then as well. And Rapid Rabbits of course, they had tons of members, most of them above average as well. At one time at least 3 clans had Shadows for their leaders RR, nouveaux 666 (they made me change my nick when I joined the original clan and I kept it for as long as I was in 666) and ofc GpW

No good clanwars back then. A whole lot of them though. You would always see a server with a CW up. UOI played a whole lot of them and prolly won most of them

Oh and another interesting fact, Slayo (not the cheater) is now Vegito's roommate in Ireland and he was my leader in IKU for a while. He later joined GpW, and also left it when I didn't put him on the memberlist (he didn't wear the tag, how the hell was I supposed to know we had him)

Gamer Pryde Worldwide

Last edited by [GpW]Urbs; Jan 18, 2011 at 02:43 PM.