View Single Post

JCF Member

JazzGruff is an asset to this forumJazzGruff is an asset to this forum

Sep 27, 2012, 02:37 PM
No, jj3 is a tetris clone.

Well, I want to use Unity3D because I've already had some quite good experience with it, it is pretty easy to get levels in place and do some really complex work very quickly (For example, I can easily assign anything to any bone of any character in the scene, in a matter of seconds in a graphics based environment.).

JMonkeyEngine does look good enough, but I'm afraid I am not enough of a programmer to work with such engine (I assume it requrites more coding in Java than I'd require coding in Java Script in Unity3D).

Unlike Unity3D, Unreal has CSG, which is actually quite suited for this kind of project, so I might as well use Unreal 3, actually, but the damn thing is so slow I can't imagine myself working with it.

Anyway, if I end up working on something like that in a different engine, don't expect a ported JJ3. Instead, You can expect some of my patch characteristics to be in a project like that, but for the most part it is likely going to be a thing of its own, with its own title (It's probably for the better).

If this happens, I'll try to get Patch v1.3 out as soon as possible, and then focus on the new thing, instead, if it seems good enough.