View Single Post

JCF Member

Simon is doing well so far

Sep 14, 2020, 10:26 PM
If we sitck with modifying 1.3, the battle plan for GOG 0002 is:
  • Edit Orbitus 2 such that Jazz bounces upwards on bigger mistakes, but passes when permanently holding right. Verify that sounds play. (Other people have tried this and the sounds got botched, as Violet warns.) Fallback: MaxStrike's fix.
  • Copy Robo4900's practically invisible sprite into 1.3 to fix airboard ditch in Medivo 1. Verify that sounds play.
  • Copy Turtemple 2 and Pezrock 2 from good-1.2 into 1.3 to fix airboard ditches. Verify that sounds play.
  • Binary-patch FILE0001.EXE to print a different version string during start than: Welcome to Jazz Jackrabbit. version 1.3 -- this string sits in clear text in FILE0001.EXE, beginning at 0x3007. My proposal with matching length: Jazz Jackrabbit, v. GOG 0002
  • Ship 1.0, good-1.2, and unmodified 1.3 as goodies.
I'll work on this Orbitus 2 this weekend and post results!

Tubelectric 2 will remain short in 1.3 because it's not broken; let's instead make a good point for shipping good-1.2 that has the long Tubelectric 2.

It's sensible not to delay GOG 0002 for 100% items/enemies, and postpone 100% items/enemies for GOG 0003. JayTC hasn't yet replied to me on twitch yet, and properly testing for 100% items/enemies takes long, even in a team.

-- Simon