Thread: A little trivia
View Single Post

JCF Éminence Grise

Violet CLM has disabled reputation

Nov 15, 2004, 10:13 PM
Haven't looked at the questions yet, but I might as well answer a few of them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby aka Dizzy
1. This level is one of the most popular levels today; despite dating way back it was actually not very popular until the summer 2002 or so. Name this level.
BBlair.
Quote:
4. What exactly does respawn.exe fix? What people came up with the problem and the solution to it? What is the theory behind why this bug occurs?
Respawn.exe (which I have as "WeaponR.exe"...) fixes the bug where +3 ammo pickups fail to respawn if (I think) you run through them when you already have 50... or it might have been 48... I'll guess 50. I don't remember the crediting, but I think you made the program, and someone else wrote the article... or the other way around... bleh. Me dumb.
Quote:
8. Name one of the first JCS competitions ever. Hint: it run by Onag. Can you list all of the parts? (I don't think I can do all of this myself actually)
TryMeComp?
Quote:
9. What made the Simple contest special? Who won?
Entries could only use a certain tileset by Fquist in which every tile used only one color (not counting transparency for slope tiles). I'm pretty sure Bob won with this massive level where you'd hunt down green stuff while running up yellow slopes.
Quote:
10. This website existed inbetween J2C and J2O. Name the website and the creator. Bonus: What controvertial website did this person create?
Universe Jazz, Alienator? I have no idea what else he did.

...bleh. I know a lot more community history than some people, but I am severely handicapped by the fact that I wasn't there for much of it.