View Single Post
stripe

JCF Member

stripe is doing well so far

Nov 23, 2004, 08:55 PM
boo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby aka Dizzy
3. This person takes credit for figuring out what causes flagbug. Name this person.
Bonus: These two other people helped him/her test various things in an effort to understand flagbug.
I'm not actually sure who "figured this out", but Diz and fq and I did some pretty thorough tests to confirm rumours (I recall getting the idea from martin and maybe BloodBunny at some point) that it had to do with the walls. Afaik, we were the first ones to develop a plausible hypothesis for why it happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby aka Dizzy
8. Name one of the first JCS competitions ever. Hint: it run by Onag. Can you list all of the parts? (I don't think I can do all of this myself actually)
lessee... I'm not sure if I have these in the right order, but I think it went something like this:

event #1 was to create a level with a lot of tricky things, like a working slide and an exit you couldn't get to.

#2 was to duplicate a passworded level (which happened to be made entirely of those round glass balls from labrat)

#3 was to make an entire episode, with the focus on plot.

#4 was to make a treasure level of certain dimensions and using an unusually small number of events.

#5 was to submit 3 levels that he judged according to general merit.

A few more "way way back" questions for fun:

1. What was the server hosted weekly right after jj2 came out? It debuted levels such as the bobo levels and Dethman's teeny inferno battle level.

2. Who was the undisputed most legendary CTF player for the first few years of jj2, and who was his brother? (good luck)

3. What was the other tournament planned by fans at the start of jj2 multiplayer, why was it special, and did it ever happen?

4. Besides the official Battle and CTF servers that Epic used to host, there was another semi-official battle server hosted in England. What level was always running?

I might not be as prompt answering these as Diz is. :)

stripe