View Single Post

JCF Member

Superjazz is OFF DA CHARTSuperjazz is OFF DA CHARTSuperjazz is OFF DA CHART

Feb 22, 2005, 11:06 AM
I had bad luck that my internet was down at when the deadline passed and I didn't get to even betatest my level in public until now, as I already wrote a post in jcf-section. So, I'm kind of disappointed about that I got no use for that level, but because I'm not in, I vote for the best of these imo.

Ok, I know that you don't want nor you are not interested about what are my thoughts about these four levels, but I'm goin' to write them here anyway, although they're only really short ones.

Quasar Quandary: A very neat level. There is no lack of eyecandy and everything looks nice. The layout is sort of simple and a bit weird, but once you've played this level a few times, you'll learn the flow. The level is quite jazz-friendly as well, although I don't always care about that so much, even when I'm playing as Jazz sometimes. There are a few places where a player can camp way too easily imo, like the top-middle and toasty- and bouncy-pu rooms.

Sacrifice: I don't get the level's name but that isn't the main thing. The closed carrot-area again reminds me of dw, and it's even worse when there are two +1-carrots instead of one full energy. I guess most people have a vice versa opinion about this, but nevermind. The layout is kinda open and that's something I like in this level. But there is too much of copter-usage and it's really painful to move around when half or nearly none of the copters are respawning. Giving only 50 ammo of seekers and upgraded ones is original, and just a nice add-on for the level as it is the only gun which makes 2h-damage in this level. The bases are in a small dead ends which affects the gameplay a bit as well. I guess the pits for springs are to avoid the level look squared but they slowdown the player's movement a bit too much sometimes.

NOT Sbv2 : Well, I accept this name since DS didn't invent a proper name for this level. Just as most of DS' levels, even this one has kind of an unoriginal or a random-map styled layout. The lightnings look strange and the eyecandy is decent. I don't like jj1-tilesets that much but this one is ok anyways cos' it has been done well enough otherwise.

Mystic Temple Shrine: This level ain't that good. It uses a jj1-tileset I used a long time ago as that level was the first one with this tileset. Well, this level hasn't been done as well as it could have. It's a bit too small for 3v3 and the layout is really weird. The full NRG is in a pit and there's no springs leading out of it. The level is kind of squared, and you gotta jump way too much to move around. BG-eyecandy and ammo-placement are ok. Then, if you want to fly around a bit, you gotta rf-climb to the left flyboy or use a special move to get to the right flyboy. I expected a bit more from Ragnarok but I'm not shocked.

Well, rep earlierly mentioned that the levels do not have to be very original, but I had a look of that anyways. After all, it was kinda difficult to choose between Sacrifice and QQ, but due to the QQ's eyecandy and all, I finally chose that level, so...Third vote for QQ goes here. Well done, Chippie.

-Superjazz