View Single Post

JCF Member

White Rabbit is doing well so far

Feb 22, 2005, 01:03 PM
None of these lvls are exceptionally good (don't worry, I won't say this in my reviews ).

Not sb v2 has got some Jazz-unfriendly elements to it, not enough eyecandy and a couple of places which are in your way. It's well-balanced, but not symmetrical.

Sacrifice uses a grey tileset with little or no foreground eyecandy. The eyecandy is so boring and lately, Cell has made some pretty similar lvls (Sanctuary, Christmas Melody, and now this). The lvl is well-made, as a lvl, but not very original. The two carrots (which, in terms of balance and gameplay, I don't mind), two pepperspray PUs and copters are all BIG deja vus. There's no reason why we should choose this lvl over any other Cell lvl.

Quasar Quandary has some places you DO NOT want to go to when you're being chased (unless you double back and hit your opponent from behind ). The red springs under the one ways are the places I'm talking about. The toaster and bouncer PU rooms are easy to camp at, and so is the top of the main suckertube. Gameplay and flow in the other places are quite good and so is the eyecandy. The tileset is well-chosen and well-used. If any lvl should be the winner, it's this one.

Mystic Temple Shrine I kinda betatested...or beta-betatested. It has some Jazz-unfriendly areas, is very small, has some questionable spring placements and the power-ups aren't placed evenly enough. It's one of Ragnarok's poorer lvls and he should've used something in his unreleased CTF pack for this contest instead.