View Single Post
FireSworD

JCF Member

FireSworD is an asset to this forumFireSworD is an asset to this forum

Feb 22, 2005, 01:28 PM
I just couldn't resist. White Rabbit had some points I really didn't agree with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Rabbit
None of these lvls are exceptionally good (don't worry, I won't say this in my reviews ).
Obviously theese levels aren't your cup of tea. I am not fond of most of the levels either but CelL's level is and I will explain why:

Quote:
Sacrifice uses a grey tileset with little or no foreground eyecandy. The eyecandy is so boring and lately, Cell has made some pretty similar lvls (Sanctuary, Christmas Melody, and now this). The lvl is well-made, as a lvl, but not very original. The two carrots (which, in terms of balance and gameplay, I don't mind), two pepperspray PUs and copters are all BIG deja vus. There's no reason why we should choose this lvl over any other Cell lvl.
This level, in my opinion, currently has the best tile use of Dark Reign. Although the tileset is very limited, which makes it hard to create a level that would differ from others using the same set; CelL did an impressive job with it and I like the atmosphere most of all. I cannot see how the eyecandy here is bland in any way. You seem to have... Different tastes for ctf levels or any type of level for that matter.

Not very original? you must've been so bored by the eyecandy that you missed the whole point of this level. The Seeker powerup can only be obtained when you first enter the level when joining a server or death. One can die just for the sake of having the powerup once again, hence the name "Sacrifice". That is an interesting and innovative concept, not just slightly original.

Last edited by FireSworD; Feb 22, 2005 at 01:49 PM.