View Single Post

JCF Member

DarkSonic is doing well so far

Feb 25, 2005, 04:35 AM
I might vote as well, but I think that would be biased. Rag gave his vote already, though. I'll post some comments about the levels.
NOTSBv2 is my own level, so I definitely won't vote for it. Duh. Biased.

Quasar Quandary
This is a level I recently played a 2v2 in. It's quite hard to play in it for 2v2. When you have no PU's, you're busted. It's impossible to do good without PU's. Eye candy is very good, I'll rate the EC high when QS is finally uploaded. I guess that will be when Chip comes back, and I'll get his SECRET LEVEL as well =P
This layout is completely different from other levels by ChippieBW. It's kinda original. The level looks big, but ain't too big if you take a close look. There are 2 ways to each base, and the level is balanced. It's symmetrical, and a goal of a level that's entering this contest was that you need to make a balanced level. Well... this succeeds.
The placement is quite good. There are some interesting shapes of ammo. 3 PU's is enough for a level with this size.

Sacrifice
This is a quite big CTF level by CelL. It's as big as my level was, but has a more open layout. Open levels usually have some obstacles in it, and this level also has it.
Eye candy was, original for the tileset. CelL tried to be different from FS and SuperJazz here, and I think he succeeded. The background is interesting and just good, no real complaints here.
It's easy to move around in the level. The bases are in a small dead end indeed, and it's quite hard to stay alive at the start of a 2v2/3v3 here. The level is almost symmetrical, so it's balanced enough. I did a 2v2 in this level, and I had big problems with it because I wasn't playing very well. I wasted Seeker ammo that you can't get without dieing, which is why the name of the level is Sacrifice.
The level has 3 Power-Ups, but 1 is Seeker and 2 are Pepperspray PU's. There are some RFs in the level, but mainly the only weapon that does 2h is powered Seeker. (Except the Spaz or Jazz move, of course. KICKED GG) Some nice shapes of ammo are not missed in the level. I like them.

Mystic Temple Shrine
The eye candy of the level is probably the best part. The background is quite good, and I have no problems with the eye candy in the layers. The EC is good enough for a level with a JJ1 tileset. Rag was the only one that did something at the EC in the level, so GP did not do anything this time(SURPRISE)
The level has a bit strange layout, like SuperJazz said. The platform at the top is a bit too big. The level is a bit open at some places, though. The place of the Full Energy is weird, and the way to the base is straight. Ragnarok didn't make alot of good CTF levels yet, except some of his CTF pack. This is one of the levels in his pack.
The level has 3 PU's. The Seek PU is on the top of the level. The Bouncy PU is in a tube at the left side. The Toasty PU is at the right side. This concept lets you get 50 ammo of the 2 last PU's I've mentioned. The fly carrot has only one goal : fly around with it on the bottom. Or something.

Overall, these levels are quite good, especially QQ and Sacrifice. I don't even know which level I would choose to vote : QQ or Sacrifice. These are just my comments about the levels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super_Jarno View Post
What is Distopia