View Single Post

JCF Éminence Grise

Radium is an asset to this forum

Nov 23, 2006, 07:46 PM
The shrieking sound of the wind got louder and the air got progressively colder as we approached the opening. By the time I stepped through the arch, the sound was deafening and I could barely feel my extremedies. The party lingered back as I stepped out into the light to scout.
Presumably we were still underground, though I could make out no ceiling or walls. The thick, unearthly red fog blurred the landscape all around me, though I could still make out large, mountainous forms in the distance. I staggered forth in the bitter cold until my arms met something warm. A rusty, heated metal pipe stretched off into the distance before me as well as to either side, the three paths meeting at a rusty metal wheel. The pipe to the left was freezing cold.
"Come through quick!" I called back to the party, hoping my voice could overcome the wind. Fawriel came sprinting out to the pipe, then Araches, Uberbob, and the canoe, carrying Fooruman and L33tz4n.
"Hey, Shuri," Uberbob said, his arms wrapped around the warm pipe, "remember back on Antifoo Isle, when there was that furnace room that was too hot to go through?"
"Yes?"
"Yeah. Good times."
"..." I responded. Araches, on the other hand, nodded in agreement.