View Single Post
n00b

JCF Veteran

n00b is an asset to this forumn00b is an asset to this forum

Sep 9, 2010, 02:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speeza View Post
Another flaw about reputation is not everyone is going to look at a thread , perhaps because it just doesn't interest them. Someone who just cracks a funny joke could get more rep than say someone who helps a person getting there JJ2 working. I think the person who helped the guy trying to get his JJ2 to work deserves more rep than the guy who crack a joke. Sadly however you can't allocate how much rep someone deserves. Some of these people who have high reputation for example, I look at some of there posts and I'm wondering "How on earth did these guys get so much rep, compared to some others with lower rep and have done a lot more helpful things.
I slightly agree with this. Im at 47 for a couple of jokey, some even meanspirited posts, meanwhile mothersnuckin Blackraptor is at 14. This guy contributes great discussion to the forums. Whats the deal? Seriously.

Like its a good thing that number doesn't mean anything because the implications of that is effed up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dermo View Post
And what would be funny is if you got below 50 rep, you were unable to post unless your post was viewed by a mod/admin first. That would be a real form of quality control, however, and I'm not so sure as to whether I'm opposed to that idea or not.
That would be funny because that would mean no one but like Cooba, Stijn, and Unknown Rabbit could post freely. And I think that illustrates why rep shouldn't have any serious consequence/reward added to it.

Last edited by n00b; Sep 9, 2010 at 02:51 PM. Reason: added a word i forgot