Thread: WebJCS
View Single Post

JCF Member

Seren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to all

Sep 20, 2011, 08:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Rabbit View Post
I'm not sure how I feel about the up/down buttons for animated tiles. All references to the relevant animations within the level remain the same, so that clicking the buttons functionally changes which animated tiles are used at specific places in the level. I had expected the buttons would only rearrange the animations for aesthetic purposes, that is, allowing the user to sort related animations together without changing the level itself. On the other hand, I'm not sure if either approach is more "right" in any meaningful way? What purpose do you plan on the functionality serving, as it is presently implemented?
Imagine you have accidentally deleted some animated tile in the middle of a huge list of e.g. 100 animations (because you're working on an animation-based level =P). Thanks to the arrows you won't have to delete all the following ones to get the level back to normal, you'll just create that deleted animation again and return it to its place. I admit it's not a great example, because it needs a level maker to make a mistake in the first place, I can't think of anything better though.

And yes, I know I wasn't the one asked, but I tried to figure out the reason for placing those arrows before already, so I thought I'll share my conclusions.

I am an official JJ2+ programmer and this has been an official JJ2+ statement.