View Single Post
n00b

JCF Veteran

n00b is an asset to this forumn00b is an asset to this forum

Sep 20, 2010, 10:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake View Post
Wasn't this a game where bunnies bounce on bizzarre places? And if I remember correctly, this game is suitable for everyone. So you shouldn't be saying that we should be mature.

... For real dawg?

@Sir Ementaler- Im not sure if you see the join dates here, but speaking as a member from 2004 I can say with firm confidence that the forum was much much worse in terms of flamewars, arguments, and overall immaturity in the past.
Now let me be clear, since your skull is apparently thick. Im not doing this to act like im superior because Ive been here longer. Im doing this point out that by being here longer, I've had the experience of seeing this forum in a worse state. People here called the rational discourse in WhiteBlaster's password program thread "arguing". You want to see arguing? Go through my post history, I've done some stupid (-)(-)(-)(-). What happens on this forum lately doesn't even compare.

I guess I have to explain a portion of my previous post as well. I was directly responding to the rep response, I'm not complaining because I think my oh so precious e-peen number is going down. Its happened before because I made some jokes that fell flat, and I didn't complain then. If you bothered to read my previous posts on this matter, you'd find that I think that right now the rep number is utterly useless, and the real use of the feature is the feedback delivered from it. I'll liberally disperse rep amongst posters I think are great who have low rep but thats in an effort to try and make the feature a little less goofy than it currently is. The current state its in should not be warranting these doom and gloom responses.

Shifting gears, I don't want the system to go away outright, and I don't want it removed solely because people have decided we're basically all five year olds. To be clear, I'm cool with Newspaz's reasoning for removing it and partially agree with it myself. Hell, I'd be cool with removing the rep numbers from posts. As I said before its ridiculous my rep number is so high compared to posters much better than I. Also as I've said before its just an e-peen bar. I do however find the feedback system to be useful, and I'd rather it not be removed.

Last edited by n00b; Sep 20, 2010 at 11:31 AM.