View Single Post

JCF Éminence Grise

Radium is an asset to this forum

Jun 17, 2006, 02:58 PM
Arrow Is it? Can it really be... ToU PART 4!

INTRO

Hey, I don’t like running ToU. It’s fun when you guys make progress, but you all suck. Regardless, none of the other DMs wanted to do this and I promised Risp I’d start the new thread yesterday. But, on the bright side, I have a NEW feature that will let me write less. So, without further adieu…

Welcome, friend, foe, and forumer to what will be hopefully be the last installment of Tales of Uberbob! Tales of Uberbob is a FUN (for you, generally not me) game where YOU supply the actions and I (if it wasn’t already capitalized it would be for emphasis) provide the story! For instance, if Uberbob is in a room with a box, you might say “lick box”, “pick up box”, or anything in between. You can even leave the room, if there is an exit that way! Some base rules:

Only Radium narrates. It’s his story. You just give commands. No using bold, either. It makes it confusing.
GOOD: Walk through the green door.
BAD: Shuriken walks through the green door.

No deciding the consequences to actions. My story. Not yours.
GOOD: Open the box.
BAD: Open the box and find a gun.

No if/then statements or macros. They make you miss important stuff. Making creative macros to solve puzzles with mass trial and error is cheating.
GOOD: Is the key in the door?
BAD: If there’s a key in the door, open it. Otherwise, find a key then open it.

No changing the point of view. It changes on its own.
GOOD: I am not changing the point of view!
BAD: Change POV to Uberbob!

No doing stuff just to (-) me off.
GOOD: Everyone do something or other logical.
BAD: Everyone line up from north to south.

WHERE WE LEFT OFF

So, let’s have an introduction of where we left off. Uberbob and company were searching for the evil dreadlord Blackraptor who lives deep below the frozen Isle of Darkness. On their journey they killed lots of things and met lots of people, eventually traveling deep below the aforementioned frozen Isle of Darkness. However, they encountered a particularly peculiarly perplexing puzzle below the island - a puzzle that has lead to their deaths multiple times. Will they ever be able to solve it and finish their quest? YOU DECIDE!

Feel free to join in if you haven’t been playing in the previous threads or have completely lost what’s going on. Brief descriptions of the battle system and characters are available at the links below:
http://www.foxmage.com/u/fighting.html
http://www.foxmage.com/u/characters.html

Also, if you want, check in on the previous threads:
Part 1: From Uberbob's nonsensical introduction to finding Unfooruman's Lair.
Part 2: Unfooruman's Lair.
Part 3: From the battle with Unfooruman to Blackraptor's Lair.
The no-radiums-allowed strategy thread for battles.

Last edited by Radium; Jun 18, 2006 at 10:40 AM.