View Single Post

JCF Éminence Grise

Radium is an asset to this forum

Jul 12, 2006, 09:10 PM
Me getting stabbed was definitely the wrong way to go about solving this puzzle, I knew that much. "I have an idea," I told Uberbob, walking back through the door to the south.
I went back down to the campsite where the skeleton of the unfortunate adventurer still lay, decapitated. I extended my hand over the skeleton and summoned forth the darker side of my healative powers. The bones shuddered slightly, then rose up, eminating a great dark energy. I felt so cool just then, like a full-fledged necromancer but with more friends. "Go forth, my undead minion!" I cried in the skeleton's general direction, "go forth and.... eh, follow me for a while," and with that I decided to go back to the fountain and see how everyone else was doing.

Back in the fountain room, Araches, L33tz4n, and Shuriken were talking about something or other and didn't seem to notice my enterance, or that of my cool skeleton. I looked at the fountain, and started to suspect that maybe there was some secret tunnel I had overlooked earlier.
"Uberbob," I called north, "come here and help me scout this."
"Scout what?" he asked as he walked through the doorway to the north. "Ara-"
"The fountain. Underwater is an excellent place to conceal things. You'd hardly be able to tell it apart from the crystal around it." Uberbob raised an eyebrow, like he was trying to follow my train of thought but ran out of gas. "Dive in the fountain. Look for anything." I simplified.
"Can do!" the rabbit said optimistically. Sensing impending idiocy, Araches and Shuriken turned to watch. The rabbit backed up against the wall, charged forward, lept in the air, dove headfirst into the water, then learned it was a foot deep. Araches applauded. L33tz4n covered her eyes. Even Shuriken looked like she had to surpress a chuckle.
I sighed. "Headless skeleton, go help Uberbob up. And see if he's okay. In that order." The skeleton strode forward and took Uberbob by the arm, lifting his dazed-looking body out of the shallow pool.
"Thanks, Faw," he said to the skeleton, "I didn't find anything, sorry. By the way, you look thinner. Did you lose weight or are you just naked?" I decided to attribute this question to having dove headfirst into foot-deep water and not respond.

Inventory

Code:
Broken PDA Foodbars Bag of Chips Bag of Chips Spear First-Aid Kit Pen and Sketchbook Lock of Foo Hair Book of Canadian Runes Blackraptor FAX Random Machine Parts Sleeping Bag Crystal