View Single Post

JCF Éminence Grise

Radium is an asset to this forum

Nov 16, 2006, 01:17 PM
A fissure ran up the wall as I placed the last crystal in place. The sparks in the distance faded out, a bright light flooded the room and, for a moment, everything was silent. When the illumination faded down, the wall was torn open, the save point we had seen through the foggy ice visible on the other side, along with a snowy path into the distance.
"Wow, Faw," Araches commented, "Honestly, I didn't expect any of us - let alone you - to figure that one out."
I shrugged. "Actually, I was kind of just randomly moving the crystals until it kind of looked like a zig-"
L33tz4n, who had been staring at the crystals a moment before, cut in. "Of course! That was our mistake earlier; we weren't picking up that it wasn't a combination, but a command line. Even I couldn't pick up the complexity of the geometric mechanisms."
"Yeah," I added, "the geometric mechanisms were one of the hardest parts. I surprised myself when I figured that out. It was like a little birdie told me."
Uberbob, who I had been ignoring, snuck up behind me. "ADVENTURE!" he exclaimed, pointing dramatically into the entrance before us and almost making me jump off the bridge in shock. "Come on Faw, we have a Dreadlord to defeat!" He charged off into the distance.

I walked forward a bit and looked around. To my north, the tunnel Uberbob had charged down echoed off into the distance. To my south, there was a door. On it read a single word, written in fresh red blood. "sAve".