View Single Post

JCF Member

XxMoNsTeRXM is doing well so far

Jan 22, 2015, 12:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treylina View Post
Whenever I play fullscreen in JJ2, it becomes widened. I'm too lazy to figure out how to stop it from stretching. It looks awful. Even though there's anti-alias, it still looks bad, like someone smeared and pulled the vision. I'm not sure if it'll ever look good in large/widescreen, since the sprites were never made with a big resolution in mind. I did check hq4x too, but I'm not sure if I like it. The outlines become so blobby and sometimes shaky.

However, what would be nice is having a black space for chat and stats. Before anyone suggests bigjazz, no I won't use that load of buggy 1.23 only crap.

About the fullscreen bug, it's not in some PCs, it's a plus issue. It's been mentioned many times. You can work around it easily, though. Here's how to work around this error;

1. Right click the Jazz2 icon, then click properties.
2. Then click shortcut on the top.
3. Then to the right of "Target;" (it will show the directory of Jazz2), add -menu
4. Now click apply at the bottom. Open Jazz2. It'll skip the intro stuff, but that error won't appear anymore. Infact I prefer it that way, since it skips the stuff you've already seen a million times.

SE told me it got fixed in 5.0, though (which isn't out for the public yet, and no we don't have a release date for it).
Well... I fix it like this: I just open it and quickly press Alt + Enter to minimize it and it works then when I get to the menu I go fullscreen again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violet CLM
The error has been fixed in the next release.
When do you think the next version of JJ2+ will be released?