Thread: Springcord!
View Single Post
sonicnathan 1

JCF Member

sonicnathan 1 is doing well so far

Jun 25, 2007, 10:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Rabbit View Post
It is very probable that yes, the event is displaying the wrong sprite because it has not loaded the correct one. It shows the same signs as any MCE event. Except, instead of using Jazz or menu sprites like most events, it goes with the bomb. I'm not really sure why, but so far as I can tell, the bomb IS one of those sprites that is loaded in every level, rather than having its loading triggered by a specific event being included. (For the record, the bomb dropped by the float lizard appears to be a separate sprite.)
I don't know if either MCE's or the Ambient Sound effect work in 1.00g, though I am almost positive that the former does, given that MCE's and the Generator event are pretty much completely identical processes, and there ARE generating enemies in 1.00g. Unfortunately, I'm not sure enough about how to edit the parameters of events in 1.00g to try placing ambient sounds into a level in hopes that something will get the springcord to look different. I may try to figure it out later, but someone else is welcome to look into it first.

(On an unrelated note, I continue not to believe that the boxing-glove-on-a-spring is the springcord. Its internal sprite name, so far as I can tell, is Glove. Or Glove-something, anyway.)
MCE? I think that would work. Or we could just open up the betas j2a and look fot the sprite that would fit the springcord the best. (Besides the boxing glove.) If you look at the animations the glove doesn't stretch far enough.)