View Single Post

JCF Member

PT32 is an asset to this forum

Jun 4, 2013, 01:11 PM
Question My JCS Won't Load Some Levels

I just recently got a new computer. I installed the 1.23 Jazz Jackrabbit 2 program on it, and as I went to play certain levels, I discovered a rather strange problem: I can't load certain levels in my Jazz Creation Station.

Levels that came with Jazz 2 (i.e.-the singleplayer stages like Dungeon Dilemma, Knight Cap, et cetera) and levels I create myself in the JCS seem to work just fine. However, when I go to play levels downloaded from Jazz2Online or levels emailed to me, the JCS program will automatically close if it's open, or it won't start up at all if it isn't.

Non-Jazz2-included music tracks don't seem to work, either; however, for whatever reason, non-Jazz2-included tilesets DO. As far as I know, all of the files in question are 1.23-compatible, so I'm not sure what's going on.

Interestingly, if I open the problem levels from the Home Cooked Levels list in the Jazz2 game engine, they work just fine (although music still won't play if it isn't one of the original Jazz2 songs).

I don't know if it's simply a program error, or maybe a computer security issue; my laptop is Windows XP, but so was my old one. My gut says it's a security issue of some sort, but any help anyone can offer would be appreciated.

Thanks!

IN DEVELOPMENT:
Renascence: The Last Jackrabbit