View Single Post

Administrator

Stijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to behold

Apr 16, 2008, 07:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stijn View Post
1) You start a newbie magnet server. Newbies like variety.
make hotel serwer xDDDD have test?

Anyway the idea of this whole article seems to be that these so-called "dead enders" complain about stuff on a server. But for one thing most of these people who talk about how cool everything used to be in the days do not play JJ2 anymore, and servers in Quake are hardly comparable to those in our game. JJ2 has no dedicated server, and only few server settings – alright, JJ2+ changes this... but at this moment most people find pretty much all JJ2+ features except PITS cool just because they are new anyway – and from my experience a "newbie friendly server" hosts either a hotel or a test.

It's pretty much two separate environments in online JJ2 - normal servers and the aforementioned hoteltest servers. The group who enjoys #1 won't join #2 much (and if they do it's just to ask the players in the server to start a type 1 server) and vice versa. There's a silent crowd who just join random servers, don't chat and play a bit, but I doubt they would be of any concern.

All in all, reading this article as if it was about JJ2 makes me wonder what its point is. As far as I see the problem described has not occured in this community as there are no "dead enders"; the JJ2 dead enders are in #jj2, not playing online.

How serious was this, actually?