Thread: Conquests
View Single Post
Nightshade

JCF Member

Nightshade is doing well so far

Jan 11, 2003, 08:08 AM
Yay, I can type some more, but unfortunately not much as I'm not on my computer. Here goes.

Wild Angel watched, horrified, as Jassiv attacked the soldiers with wild abandon. They parted before him and surrounded him, and he looked up at her with unreadable, shadowy eyes.
Then he was lost from her sight, and she turned and fled up the rusted ladder, tears that would remain unshed blurring her vision.

Coppertop dashed away from Jassiv with the heartrending knowledge that what she was about to do broke her first and primary rule in her personal code. She was abandoning a friend, someone who had helped her. She was leaving him to die alone.
Jassiv had chosen his fate; had offered to sacrifice himself so that they could escape. Still she could not reconcile what she had just done.
Some of her inner turmoil must have showed, for Kovu moved up beside her. His sword, unlike hers, was sheathed, and his booted feet made no sound on the scum-covered ground.
"It bothers you," he stated, "leaving Jassiv back there to die." She nodded shortly. "He knew what he was doing," Kovu went on. "It's not as though you could have saved him. Well, maybe you could've, but not even you can destroy an entire army - even if I haven't seen all you're capable of. He bought us enough time to find this Shonar."
"I can do all things through Christ whom strengthens me." ~Phillipians 4:13

"Whatever." ~Coppertop

There's a fine line between Good and Evil. . .

read Conquests to find out why.

"Only Death keeps a secret. . . ."
-Zazz Darkfist