View Single Post

JCF Member

Appels is notorious for his worthless posts

Aug 4, 2015, 06:23 AM
(POLL) Enforcing low-res gameplay

Allright JCF, gimme some of your opinions on this, I heavily encourage you to reply to this thread to tell me/us why you voted for Yes/No.

Allright theres 2 options, you use strawpoll and remain anonymous, or you use the poll above, I encourage you to vote on both. :P
"Is enforcing low-res gameplay a crime?"
http://strawpoll.me/5117208

Old thread:
Quote:
Hello JCF, what are your opinions regarding enforcing a (in my case 400x300) resolution in JJ2 levels?

My reason for making this thread is because I simply am against forcing the player/user to do a certain thing in games and software, but on the other hand a lower resolution captures the player into the game much more easily, simply because they can see less tiles, and thus with less information traveling to the player's brain, they get more eye for details, which eventually leads to a gameplay which is more intense

Long story short:
Pros (imo):
- More intense gameplay
- Bigger Rabbit

Cons:
- the player's freedom is taken away by those ugly bars around the screen, should this even be allowed in a free country like America?

I might update the pros/cons list if any of you mention them

Edit: this is my first serious post/thread on this forum, I'll try to be more 'to the point' next time.