View Single Post

JCF Member

Primpy is an asset to this forumPrimpy is an asset to this forum

Jan 1, 2015, 03:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slaz View Post
'Robot Destruction' the way you describe it rather looks like something that could be AngelScripted, instead of being hardcoded into Plus.

Of course I'm no scripter, but I'd imagine making a few custom robot enemies and defining rules on how and when they spawn are a proper base for such gamemodes.

Actually, I thought about some JJ2 'horde' mode a while ago. As in making waves of enemies spawn in Battle maps, which become harder and in greater numbers after each cleared wave, with a chance to resupply ammo/health inbetween them. Then there could be a boss wave once every 10 waves or so. Man, I should learn to use AngelScript sometime..
Talking about the last part, do you mean something similar to "Mann VS Machine" in Team Fortress 2? MvM is a Co-op gamemode where you have to stop the robots from deploying the bomb. Of course, in TF2 this requires "mad" skills since the robots are like 3 times powerfuller than a player and there are tons of robots. There are several waves, depending on the map and the difficulty.

So, this could be done in JJ2 as well? There are so many gamemodes that could be just awesome on JJ2, but looks like nobody's got an initiative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violet CLM View Post
Do! And/or collaborate. There's a sufficient store of people who find scripting any particular effect or feature comparatively trivial, but a) haven't come up with the particular ideas you're looking for or b) don't have the energy to turn snippets of code into full levels. If you're specific enough about what you need, and don't want to put in the time to do it yourself, it shouldn't be hard to find someone to help.
I would do it myself but:
-This year I've got an important exam, probably the most important so far. School in Romania is way more difficult than in some of the countries (I know this from various sources) and I have to study hard until this summer.
-I have no idea how to program. I'd like to learn though, since my current life wish is to become a programmer, even if I'm not THAT clever ._.
-I'm 14. No reason to detail here.

If anyone would like my idea, I am up to make a map but nothing more.

"Floppy ears and a big butt?" - Slaz