Thread: Conquests
View Single Post
Coppertop

Coppertop is doing well so far

Aug 29, 2001, 11:18 AM
That's ok, Phoebe, you're still in it.

"Velveetza?" Grath asked.

"Zanzibar's sister," Phoebe told him. Shinyso watched the white cat warily as she glanced at him.

"What are you doing here?" Ducky asked. Velveetza smiled shyly.

"Zanzibar asked me to watch out for you."

"Where's he?" Velveetza shrugged.

"On Medivo, I suspect. He's the wanderer in the family."

"So, you want t'come along," Grath said cheerily. The cat nodded. Her golden eyes flicked to his staff. Ducky waved hers dramatically.

"Come along, o puss, and join our jolly band. Uh, where's whatsisface, Rroyvan?"

"He's somewhere. I'm not sure."

"Cool," Kaz remareked to no one in particular. Wild Angel gave him one of her sidelong glanced as Grath formed the warp. Finally it hung in the air, a foot off the ground. It glowed faintly, and Grath stepped back dramatically. Ducky grinned and hopped through, holding her staff like a javelin. Phoebe, still supporting Blacksheep, followed. Kaz took to the air and soared through, while Angel took a running start. She nearly missed the warp, but managed to hit it.

Finally they were all through. The warp vanished, and Shinyso took to the shadows.

Copper met Grath's eyes. She wore a disapproving look and Grath smiled embarrassedly. Kovu hovered in the background, wearing a half-grin.

"And what, may I ask, convinced you to appear here of all places," she demanded. Grath shrugged.

"Um. . . Ducky asked me to," he said quickly. Ducky shot him a black look. Copper sighed in resignation.

"Oh well, you're here now. . . .Oh, and Grath? It's your turn at the nav."

Nervously, Tralion Koa stood in Manif Alley. The not so good Firenzev fearfully waited for his cousin, who, he knew, would not hesitate to kill him. It was good that he'd captured the dark one's companion, but he had to use the weapon wisely. He was not wise. He knew this.

And so did another, a black shadow in a blacker night, the only one Tralion feared more than his master. And the dark one knew this. . .