View Single Post

JCF Member

Treylina is a forum legendTreylina is a forum legendTreylina is a forum legend

Jun 29, 2017, 02:30 PM
Okay...I'll be honest. I'll give a plus for some effort, though there are quite a few issues..

For a start, the camera needs work. It should lead the player ahead, not follow them. It's kinda nauseous to watch.

Secondly, I noticed quite a lot of features missing not mentioned, that were actually good, for example, ambient lighting on shot projectiles - they give extra clarity, especially in light areas of levels. And there's lots of missing sounds/animations. Also, is running implemented? It's not featured in the video at all. That's the bread and butter of JJ2, despite some newbies overlooking it.

Thirdly, I'm also not a fan of how Spazzes and Jazzes shooting sound effects have been changed at all. This wouldn't be bothersome if they were new sounds altogether, but when you swap clearly established sounds that were within the original game, it's very misleading and sounds buggy.

As much as it's great to still see people passionate about the series
, I've seen many JJ2 remakes that never get finished, that I have little hope and higher standards. And the fact that JJ2+ offers so much more - even if one remake was done, it would be unlikely that many, if any would move over. Except for those allergic to piracy and second-hand copies, and tileset makers who can't stand working with an 8-bit pallette. I've been repressing that thought a lot to not piss people off, though I didn't want to hold it in anymore. I would prefer to see more players and JCSers in the current game, or a truly new fangame altogether. Perhaps even more working in the plus team.

However, if this is simply for the sake of practice/doing a hobby - don't mind the above paragraph.

Jazz Jackrabbit group: https://discord.gg/vZm95tQ