View Single Post

JCF Member

shaney is an asset to this forumshaney is an asset to this forum

Jan 11, 2011, 12:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteBlaster View Post
Here you''ll probably realize how significative the fundamental difference between "theorically possible" and "pratically achievable" is.

To do what you are proposing to do would mean that someone takes all of the disassembly output (really a bunch of code) and translates it into C or C++. This first step would require a person that knows Assembly and C/C++ well enough (not to mention 3D animations) and that is patient enought to do a work that would try the patience of a saint.
Next step: trying to understand something about what came out from this.
Last step: trying to program the remaining pieces, which requires an advanced knowledge of 3D games, the Unreal Engine, etc., that no one here has (as far as I know).

I really don't like to swallow the others' hope but, quite frankly, I find this idea quite UNREALizable.

P.S.: Trust me, nowadays learning ASM isn't a good way to waste one's life, except in very particular cases.

i dont actually believe in like adjusting jj2 to devolope it further . jj2 has proven to be strong .

i believe it can go with like 10 more years .

the thing we need to figure is how easy is it instead of trying to figure out the uineasy decoding of jj2 etc etc

but lets just try all together to rebuild it kinda like jj2 it self the game is not so big 25 mbs orso

meaning building a game simulair to jj2 bring it to life in a new way simple graphics only yet better then its previous one new features built in server control(like jj2 plus ) build in mp3 suport .

we tried to decode jj2 like for ages now . isnt it better to say screw it . build a game next to it simulair yet better that we can like convert jj2,s levels in to it .

calling the game Jackrabbit reborn orso

im still alive yeah