View Single Post

JCF Member

Black Ninja is an asset to this forumBlack Ninja is an asset to this forum

Sep 20, 2010, 04:01 PM
Wind Meister Map Making Competition!

I realize this may be relatively poor timing, given that there is another (awesome) map making competition currently going on, but I had actually intended to start this today, so I will simply make the deadline later! I am so nice.

So, yes, a competition! I am hosting the first-annual Wind Meister map making competition. This is your chance to show the JJ2 community your skills at making wind-based tests. There are a few rules to follow, but for the most part I want you to exercise your mind and make the Wind Meister you would want to play.

1. Wind Meister maps traditionally feature about 14 tests or so. It would be good if you were in this range, but having more or less tests won't hurt your chances of winning.

2. Wind Meister maps traditionally use these tilesets: Cool Day, Cool Night, Top Secret, or Hocus Pocus. Levels should use one of these tilesets or any variants of them that you like.

3. Extra points for incorporating some form of storyline into your level. By this I don't mean "add several text strings to tell a loosely related story," but more "use creative levelmaking to make a compelling story unfold before the player."

4. All maps must be playable online using JJ2's treasure mode and/or CTF mode. Do not include anything in the map that makes this impossible.

5. It's up to you if the test should be playable as Jazz, Spaz, or both.

6. All entries should be submitted no later than 12:00 PM (Pacific Time) on November the 5th.

The winner will receive a secret prize, to be revealed in the near future (before the deadline).

Last edited by Black Ninja; Sep 20, 2010 at 04:39 PM.