View Single Post

JCF Member

FQuist is an asset to this forumFQuist is an asset to this forum

Apr 22, 2005, 09:43 AM
Base construction

This is regular CTF with a twist. Both teams start with a CTF base, and there are paths of sorts in the level. The level allows teams to improve their base using triggers. In what way is up to the level creator. A team could be made to collect coins that allow them to create improvements to their base like closing vulnerable entrances, adding turrets, make it easier for them to go from one place to another within their base, etcetera. Another example would be that the base contains large portions of "construct" blocks, destruct scenery that turns from unmasked into masked after a certain amount of shots, allowing teams to interactively build things.

Base destruction

This is the opposite of the previous type, in a way. The base of each team starts out very easily defendable and good, and teams can then work on deconstructing or destroying eachother's base using trigger crates or by destroying destruct/buttstomp/speed scenery. Think survivor combined with team fortress.

I typed these up fast, and my browser is bugged with edit windows so i'll just post them without fixing them up/making them have a good explaination.

Interesting Jazz-related links:
Thread: Gameplay Theories - Thread: Make Up Your Own Gametype

Spotify.fm