View Single Post

JCF Éminence Grise

Violet CLM has disabled reputation

Jan 17, 2012, 08:30 PM
Windy Tests 5

Years ago I had a series of test levels called Windy Tests. The first level was supposed to be a single player level I was making based on some story by Ducky or Blacksheep or someone, but then I decided to make it multiplayer. The series progressed to Windy Tests 4, which greatly expanded the basic formula by adding multi-directional gameplay, and this is what's left of the unfinished 5, which was intended to stretch over multiple .j2l files in accordance with some sort of plot I no longer remember anything about.

wind5a: Artificial Breeze Station. This was intended to serve as a refresher on how Windy Tests worked, gradually walking the player through the basic formula before said basic formula got jettisoned for the more interesting later levels. It's... not honestly worth playing.
wind5b: Untitled, and very much unfinished. Since Wind4 added multidirectional gameplay, I decided that the next logical step was multidirectional test progression. Not a bad idea, but not implemented incredibly well, and massively unfinished.

Someday I may try again, though I'd scrap all this stuff and start afresh. I'm thinking maybe the Xargon tileset.

ETA: actually, let's take a gander at the single player levels too. These are high-concept, which is to say, low-gameplay. Play for the first time the levels from which Windy Tests were born, in which I took an existing set of constraints (the possibilities of the JJ2 engine) and gave myself a whole lot more constraints for no good reason.

Last edited by Violet CLM; Jan 17, 2012 at 08:44 PM.