View Single Post

JCF Member

Treylina is a forum legendTreylina is a forum legendTreylina is a forum legend

Mar 21, 2014, 08:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireSworD View Post
The grass looks good, but that straight dark spot in the middle gives it a contrived, split appearance, instead of looking reasonably natural. I suggest redesigning the grass, but keep the art style.
...Do you guys even acknowledge there's a v2 in the works? The grass is so much better in that version. Fine, I'll put the preview here even though this version is not cancelled.

I plan to keep some elements from original, though. However, I'm not sure how the v2 sea will turn out, it'll probably come down to what turns out best from experimenting, but I'm not animating a huge detailed sea. The v2 sea will at least try to reguard perspective more, though.

The stone sticking out still bothers me, it looks like its glued on. And I don't like the inside soil as much. Otherwise, I think it's an improvement.

Yeah, the rare/unpopular/blah thread was a bad place to post it after all, becoming a "Lets nominate crappy tilesets for the lols" thread.

If someone really likes v1 that much...they can work on it themselves. It's too much of a mess for me.

Jazz Jackrabbit group: https://discord.gg/vZm95tQ