View Single Post

JCF Member

GLaDOS is doing well so far

Jan 17, 2012, 08:03 AM
I would like to announce that a team currently consisting of wKtK and me are starting to plan the exact implementation for the Anticheat tool. We already have a plan in mind that should prevent players from using any Radar-like program by forcing them to run an executable alongside JJ2 that scans the memory of suspicious processes for specific patterns. These patterns will be updated from time to time. Once a pattern is found, the tool will report the find to the neutral server and terminate the cheating program.

Sufficient code and protocol obfuscation should prevent most scriptkiddies from breaking the protection. As Radar 2 (or 3, or whatever number it is at now) sports absolutely no features that haven't already been known for a long time, we're hoping that the Anticheat tool should be effective for quite a while, if it ever gets broken entirely, provided the method we have in mind works out well.

Note that legitimate programs like Get Me R will be put on some sort of whitelist, the exact implementation details about this are still in the planning stage though. If the whitelist turns out as a vulnerability, we will most likely end up adding the functionality of Get Me R into our program, with permission by and giving full credit to Shelly, of course.