Thread: LMAL!
View Single Post

JCF Member

Seren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to all

Apr 28, 2011, 12:01 PM
Note: the below post only contains JCS notes about the level; if you don't take a part in the project, reading it will only waste your time.

I'll start of a note for, um, Leus probably? Whoever made the first part. A Hurt event causes damage only if a player touches it from above (stands on it) or is stuck inside of it. Anyway it's useless to put it on wall/ceiling spikes, as it's going to have no effect. Use the Bees event instead (I fixed that already, because I believe it was actually meant to hurt the player, sorry for an interference though).

Another edit of the existing part I made is fixing the masking (sorry, it annoyed me as hell). However, looks like in the newest part it was done without much thought again. Hell, people check the mask before saying "my work's done, everything's okay, cool".

Let's take a step back, the Toaster PU. Still Leus I suppose? In the first version it was already possible to take with use of Bouncers, after the latest edit it's even easier, and I'm still not sure if that was even intended (and I guess not).

Not sure who added the spike-filled part below, but it's made in an annoying manner as the Hurt event is placed on slopes, so you can just run at it (and that's also where the aforementioned poor masking is). I don't care, it's not like I want to say it's bad, won't interfere with your style, but I'd recommend considering doing something with it, especially since the spikes are invisible on low detail.

The pipe part is bothering me too, but I'll ignore it, just take some notes: Lori can get through some of the pipes and, if it matters, in regular JJ2 (without +) Spaz often gets stuck in a wall at one spot next to the crate. Oh, also would be nice if you didn't use trigger 31, it's the only one that can be used by non-MCE trigger crate generators. I don't expect we're going to need to use any, but it's better to save such a possibility when it doesn't cost anything.

Also, the fact that the size is currently set to 256x64 doesn't mean that we have to stick with it. Furthermore, I'd say it even should be larger, as it's a group project, and uploading a level of the default size would be considered a total joke. This means that you don't have to save space nor add rather weird invisible sucker tubes at the bottom of the level. I don't get at all what is it for.

And the last thing, I'd be thankful if you upload levels with a version number after the filename, to keep it clean. Please. Possibly in the form of "lmal_v03" (if it's the 3rd edit), but any other way would be okay with me.

Btw, in my turn I tried to start to use the text strings section for such notes like these, but it seems that there's too much of them to fit in there, and it's not the best way of communication anyway, that's why I post here. I recommend using text strings for fun purposes then, it'll look much more professional.

I am an official JJ2+ programmer and this has been an official JJ2+ statement.