View Single Post

JCF Éminence Grise

Violet CLM has disabled reputation

Sep 7, 2022, 01:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSGDB View Post
However much more worryingly it seems that it also disables any angelscript component in the level.
Saving in levels with any .j2as or .mut script modules is not--nor has ever been--supported by JJ2+. We just don't have a model for how to get that to work. That's why scripted single player episodes have dedicated tiny levels for players to save in, because it's not an option in the regular levels. "Save" is grayed out from the Esc menu, pressing F6 is disabled. Apparently we forgot to disable secret level entrances in scripted levels, but you shouldn't do that.
Quote:
Dying in a palette swapped level also returns the tileset to its default colors. This is completely independent from the secret levels issues brought up above and will always happen. Other angelscript elements seem to be fine from my experience though, it's seemingly only the palettes that are affected.
This is not a bug. There are any number of reasons to change a level's palette, and a level may change palettes multiple times. The game has no way of knowing which altered palette should apply after the player dies, because it may depend on which checkpoint they respawn at. You can write an onLevelReload hook to address this based on your individual needs.
(The next MLLE release will also include a checkbox to handle this automatically for you, for the simple cases of levels that only use one alternate palette ever.)
Quote:
2. Music from .j2bs is a bit lower in volume compared to other file types. Simply saving the .j2b as a .it/.s3m creates a difference. Does it have something to do with compression?
I wonder if this may be an effect of you having the Auto Volume Leveling setting enabled? It doesn't work on .j2b files because they use an entirely different codebase.

I'm aware of the bullet thing but don't actually know what causes it. I'll try to find time someday this week to try to track it down.

Last edited by Violet CLM; Sep 7, 2022 at 02:07 PM.