View Single Post

JCF Member

Love & Thunder has disabled reputation

Jul 21, 2021, 05:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon View Post
Thanks. It's good to have your opinion on these. I found them nice challenges and they didn't randomly fail the section for me, I wouldn't have considered them.

It's probably good then to cut the yellows from level 1, and to cut either single cluster of yellows from level 3. With the overall reasoning: It's okay to have people remember the section from playing and failing 1-2 times, but It's bad to have finnicky design when you can't backtrack.
Happy to be helpful.

Yes, that sounds good. Try it out, and we can both test it out to see how it feels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon View Post
All right, I'll focus then on documenting the changes for patch 1 (both for webpage, for GOG, and for players), writing release notes, and eventually playing through the entire 1.3 + patch 1.

On the worry that a second patch gets ignored: I have a similar worry with the 1.0/1.2 goodies; It feels like patch 1 is the single opportunity to get important stuff in. The answer to this is good politics, thanks for the well-formulated proposal where we explain that there will be more patching in a few months.

-- Simon
Alright!

I don't think extensive notes are necessary, and only the levels we're adjusting will need testing before we send it to GOG (they probably have their own internal testing anyway?), but I appreciate that you want to be thorough. Still, I'm anxious to get this out as soon as possible.

I think as long as we're upfront about there being these other issues we want to fix, there's no reason for them to say no to a second patch to come in a few months. Ultimately, the GOG people want to work with us to create a good experience (they did say yes to a first patch, after all), so I don't think there will be any difficult politics or anything, provided we're upfront about our situation.

Last edited by Love & Thunder; Jul 21, 2021 at 05:30 PM.