View Single Post

JCF Member

PT32 is an asset to this forum

May 7, 2018, 04:50 PM
I remember making junky Jazz 1 level conversions to Jazz 2 using tileset conversions. So many days spent with a J1E and JCS open, copying the levels over tile-by-tile, finding equivalent (or close) enemies in Jazz 2 for the ones in Jazz 1. Sure, it was a terribly inefficient process. Sure, it wasn't Jazz 1 per se. Sure, they weren't even that great. But this was in a time when it was obscenely hard to legally acquire Jazz 1 and it was a creative outlet I could really get into. I felt I was doing my duty for the community.

There's no point to playing my conversions anymore. We have the real thing now, and it's so much better. But it's a lot of work and happy memories for me and it's there if only for posterity's sake. A relic of a time finally gone now when we couldn't have nice things. I suppose that's worth a post.

AB20 was nice too. It was the first time I really left my levelmaking bubble and actually experienced the game with the community. And it was my first time back at Jazz for a few years so it was sort of like a homecoming for me. It reminded me how much I love this game, even after I've moved on to other things in recent years. I'm even working on a level or two again, just for the heck of it. It's just so amazing how resilient this community is, and I'm so proud to have been a part of it for ten years now (a mere half of some members here).

So that's two memories. Sue me. This game and site have so much more than one memory for me.

IN DEVELOPMENT:
Renascence: The Last Jackrabbit