View Single Post

JCF Member

superjwren329 is doing well so far

Jan 14, 2007, 05:29 PM
The Doomsday Project. A story written by superjwren329. a.k.a Joshua Lightwalker. (Yes, that is my REAL name, believe it or not)

Characters listed so far belong to the certain users...

Joshua...and nearly everyone else from the previous stories...belong to me, Joshua Lightwalker. Fear the copyright, or I'll beat you to death with a shovel! Or something like that. Trust me...You don't want to get on my bad side...
Toxic: Pyro_Tox at Gamefaqs.
Veneno: AxlOmega at GameFaqs.
Eiko Carol: From FF IX. (She's 15 in the stories, so there!)
Norn : From Alteria Iris: Eternal Mana
Sugar: From Summon Night.
And of course, Video Game Characters mentioned belong to the certain companies. Well...if the characters appear...which I doubt...

----

Prolouge.

A few months had passed since the end of The Dark One's defeat. Both forces of Light and Dark had combined together, putting aside thier differences, making a truce. Of course, some like Devan Shell, weren't exactly too pleased, vanished, plotting something. All the hard work of the people eventually was rewarded. Water began to flow once again, plants began to grow and other miracles of nature began to resume. As everyone rejoiced with happiness, our hero, Joshua Lightwalker watched them from above, standing on a nearby hill. The sun was setting, making the sky a brilliant red and orange display. A small breeze began to pick up, his new cape, blowing in the wind.

>I never really felt like wearing this...I know who I am...and the role I represent...but...was this dimension really going to return back to it's former glory? So much blood had been spilt...homes were destroyed...people's lives were lost...My brother...and 'father'. They've promised me they would not attack...unless they thought of a brilliant plan that wouldn't fail. I laughed at this...and bid them farwell. I will miss them...<

>Odd, isn't it? I've changed so much since the last couple of months. I want to be me...but I've got to be serious about who I am. My journey hasn't been completed yet. Otherwise...I wouldn't be standing here. Once all is balanced, there is no need to me. I'll watch over. But I'll be not of this...well...Hah. I used to hate to talk about my death, now I stare it in the face with determination. Perhaps...Should I stay here...?<

Everything flashed white around him, a vision of his planet, coming into view. Earth looked lush and full of life as it once was, but something seemedto be emenating from the planet. It was only a small touch of power. Probably the remains of S.P.I.K.E HQ. Focusing on the location, he tried to pinpoint the source. A dark veil clouded his attempts. His distance was too far and the cause was probably blocking him. He looked up into the now night sky, his dimension, the gateway sparkled within the stars in a far away cluster.

>The ruins of S.P.I.K.E wouldn't be able to generate enough power to obstuct my sight...Perhaps some threat was growing there. Going back to my home wasn't exactly the most logic thing to do, the Video Dimension was too unstable...but the threat of what could be on my home planet could be greater...I doubt it would take me long. I'll go for...a quick look...< Joshua finally decided.

Racing through the night, at quite a rapid speed, he finally came to a stop when one of the Dimensional Portals arrived. Gently tweaking it a small bit, making it unaccessable from this side, he clenched his fists tight and closed his eyes.

"Chaos...CONTROL!"

The effect was almost instant. He had warped through the wall seperating our dimensions, and was back on Earth. He still had a few portals unsealed elsewhere, but it shouldn't matter. He wasn't looking for company. The main capital of our planet had flourished into what it was supposed to be. A happy and peacful place, people of all size, age and race were accepted for who they were. Around the world, wars had stopped and many of the weapons had been destroyed. Joshua felt slightly at ease at this, smiling as citizens waved to him and little children ran up to him for an autograph.

>I didn't become a hero for fame or fortune. I wanted to save and help people. Even though we can settle all arguments peacfuly...I had to draw my swords to protect those I care about. Heh, I remember when I came back here with...a small image of a cat-girl flashed through my mind for a few seconds, before I shook my head. Straight afterwards, another blinked through my head. She had pink hair...a black tank-top...and she was really helpful when I forged the Light Bringer...<

"Ow...That's strange. I seem to remember them...They both seemed quite cheerful and easy-going. The first was wearing a red dress...and hat...N...Norn. That's it. The other one really had a crush on me...If I remember correctly. Sugar...But...I've got no time to think about the past. I've got to go to..." Joshua started.

"Hey! Mister! I've got something to tell ya! You know S.P.I.K.E HQ? People say they've seen machinces actually working there. A lot of energy has been detected, but everyone is too scared to look! You've gotta see if thier going crazy!" a young boy asked.

Joshua scratched his head for a second, before nodding in reply. He knelt down and grabbed a small packet of chewing gum and gave it to the boy. Smiling, he walked a backwards a bit, before racing forward into the distance. A huge gust of wind blew over a few crates, but nothing much else. It would only take a few hours to get to S.P.I.K.E HQ if he walked, so he slowed down, looking at the beautiful landscape around him. The ocean glittered with brilliance, the sand sparked.

Cars drove down the highway, most likely containing families on vaction. It looked like everything was going to be alright after all. He began to approach S.P.I.K.E HQ, the sky becoming dark as night fell. Stars lit up the sky and finally, he had arrived. He wasn't misinformed. A few machines were still running, releasing some energy. Drawing his sword and smashing them to pieces, he felt the darkness was still quite strong. Perhaps there was a large threat here...

Black clouds began to billow over the sky, blocking out the view of the stars and moon. A huge tower of junk and machinary appeared out of nowhere, causing Joshua to jump back and look up. At it's peak, someone, wrapped in a black cloak with a hood stared down at him.

"Wha? You! What are you doing up there?!" Joshua yelled.

"It...has begun...The coming...of the end...Do you...feel it...?" the voice rasped.

"Hm? The coming of the end? You can't be serious! There's no way you'd be able to..." Joshua retorted.

"I've...heard of your exploits...Ultimate Gamer...You will...provide me with some...amusment..."

The figure simply moved his left arm in a small way. The clouds above began to look darker, rain started to pour down. It got heavier after time, leaving large puddles of water on the ground around him. A large wind began to pick up, blowing the figure away in the wind, vanishing into the sky. Lighting shot down from the heavens, colliding with the puddles of liquid. Amazingly, they began to float into the air, changing shape...changing form. A sword...a shield...armor...A large warrior made of water.

"Warriors...made of water...What's worse is...there's more than one. Well then...I guess I'll have to stop you all myself!" Joshua yelled.

>I wished that someone was here to help me. But it occured to me...these things would simply absorb anything they did. Making our powers useless. Guess I was going to have to fight my way out...<

"Hmmm...I was expecting this to be difficult...Heh...They're only made of water...I'll take em' out, no problem! Here goes!" Josuha smirked.

Grabbing his swords, he quickly made an attack on the nearest target, making it return into droplets of water. More of the warriors began to surround him, thier bodies seemed heavy, making them slow. Slashing with his swords, he made quick work of most of them. The droplets of water sparkled brightly as they were cut my Joshua's swords. The aura of light around Joshua seemed to provide him some protection, as a slash of a water blade cut straight through his cap. It tore apart, leaving Joshua's hair exposed. Rain began to soak into Joshua, making him shiver from the cold. His fair hair began to get heavy with the water, causing it to fall into his eyes. Brushing it away, he realised he left himself open.

A swift blow of a fist from his foe crashed into Joshua's body. The impact was quite large. Everything seemed to move slow as he coughed up a small bit of blood, his eyes opened wide in shock and surprise, before he was flying through the air, hit the ground after a few seconds before the force flung him further, which ended when he went crashing into the wreckage of the machinary. He was stunned, unable to move any part of his body. That punch seemed to have taken the wind out of him. The figures drew closer, thier blades poised to pierce through Joshua's flesh.

More bolts of lightning. More water monsters advancing towards him. All seemed eager to join in with the slaughter. Gaining some breath back, he got to his knees, curled himself into a ball and began to spin. The creatures looked puzzled, but continued thier advance. A few seconds later...Joshua had charged up enough power. He flew through the air at terrific speed, colliding off each monster, ricoheting into the next one. Water spashed everywhere, until the puddles joined at the center and vanished. Joshua smiled.

He cluched his side, before something unexpected happened. A remaining water monster stood behind him, it's blade gone, but it dove at Joshua, pinning him to the ground, smothering him until he stopped struggling. The water creature vanished.

>My...My vision..going...black...can't...breath......No.... not...here....<

Silence.