View Single Post

JCF Member

superjwren329 is doing well so far

Jan 14, 2007, 05:30 PM
----
Chapter One: Breathe.... (L)

As Joshua lay in the ruins of S.P.I.K.E HQ, someone happened to be passing by, recognizing the fallen warrior. His body seemed cold, drenched with water and he wasn't breathing. The figure quickly pulled Joshua to his feet, before going through his backpack. Finding something that looked like a breathing tool, it quickly clamped on to Joshua's face, pumping oxygen into his lungs and body. After a few minutes, the mask fell off, Joshua choked, before coughing up quite a bit of water.

His vision was still hazy, but still tried to make out the figure that had saved him.

"I'm...I'm sorry..." the newcomer said, before whacking Joshua over the head with a staff, knocking him out...

Later...

>Owww...My head. That's going to leave a mark...< Joshua thought while unconcious.

He cautiously opened his eyes, hoping not to be whacked over the head again. To his suprise, he was back at Gaming Force HQ. A warm fire was burning brightly, he found himself wrapped in warm blankets, with a small icepack on his head. His cap seemed to have been left behind. Finding his backpack next to him, he rummaged through it until he found another.

"Good thing I always have more..." he chuckled to himself.

His room hadn't been changed at all. It was still the same white walls with Video Game posters, photos of him in the Video Dimension...when he was in a fighting stance or relaxing. Other photos consisted of his friends, a photo of him with Eiko and another two. Each one was with the girls he remembered before he was whacked over the head. He hadn't had a chance to have one taken with Adis yet, but he would soon. After all, she was part of Gaming Force now. Another picture caught his attention. It seemed disorted, but the image appeared to be when he turned ten. A picture of all the orphans, Seb, David, Zac, Rachel and Jessi. It was kind of surprising to see him look a lot younger than he did now.

Getting out his bed, he put on his back-pack, found his swords and re-arranged some of his things. He was just about to walk out the door....

"Joshua? Are you awake yet? Meow?" a voice called.

Joshua shook his head. At first he thought he was hearing things. He get walking, only to have the same figure from earlier crash into him. Both of them went flying into the air, before Joshua landed on the ground, the newcomer landed on his back.

"OWWWW!!! YEOWWW!! THAT HURTS!!!" Joshua yelled painfully, before he looked around and saw the one who had saved him. Two furry ears, a red dress and staff...surprisingly, she seemed a bit older than he remembered.

"N...Norn? Is that you...?" Joshua stammered.

He got to his feet, dusting himself off, before helping Norn get to her's. A smile of relief crept across Joshua's face. At least someone was here to help him. After explaining to Norn what had happened so far, she nodded quickly. Her ears twitched slightly, from annoyance or happiness, Joshua couldn't tell. It had been...two years...since they last saw each other?

"Thanks for the help, Norn. But I've got to get going. There's these strange water creatures at..."

"Water creatures, meow? Where? I didn't see any when I found you." Norn replied, a bit confused.

Joshua kept silent.

"I...see. I guess I might as well stay here until I hear from someone about something that could be happening here. I sealed most of the portals...and I left only a few open...but...the ones here on Earth aren't going to get me back anytime soon...Great..." Joshua sighed, flinging himself down on the couch.

"Meow? You're stuck here? What's so bad about that? There's so much to do here! They've got a new amusment park and other cool rides! You wanna look?" Norn asked.

Joshua scratched his head, opened his backpack, looking for something. He found a few pieces of lint, some coins and old, breaking down dollar bills. He sighed again, before sealing his backpack, placing it next him, before looking back at Norn.

"Sorry. I'm broke. And I didn't come here to have fun. I'm sorry. I intend to find out what's going on at S.P.I.K.E HQ, beat that creepy guy, get back to the Video Dimension and relax. I'm in a bit of a vaction. I've been up to my neck in paper-work. Maybe later...Okay?" Joshua suggested.

"...Awww...."

Norn sighed and walked off. Joshua felt a bit unhappy. But he wanted to figure a few things out first. Plus, it wasn't the time to go out on a date or have fun. If the guy who said the end was approaching...those water creatures....they all posed a serious threat. He got off the couch and ran to his room. Searching his bookshelf, he finally came across a book which seemd useful...

"As long as I'm not harrassed by girls wanting a date, I'm happy. Now...what do we have here...There was an ancient civilzation who was capable of fusing the elements of nature with other ones. This proved to be dangerous, as the results were usualy fatal. Mostly drapped in black robes, they drove themselves to extinction...However...recent sightings have shown that these 'elemental creatures', are still roaming around our planet. Without a master, they would simply perish....I get it. That guy plans to overrun the planet with those guys. I know I can do better than what I did...but I might need some help....But who...? I don't want to get anyone of Gaming Force involved...Perhaps I'll have to get help from the Jazz Sector. If they've been able to blast zombies and demons, then, they should be able to aid me with this..." Joshua thought.

As he raced to the Comm Room, he found a warning light flashing. He angrily hit the console. According to the data, something was interfering with the dimensional portals. So...that meant he'd only be able to get a small group through, before the portals failed.

"Meh...Well...The people I bring here should be enough...if they've got enough talent...Let's see...Well, Jazz is in. Spaz...Nah...Hmmm...This looks intriuging. Someone by the name of...Commander Josef Kane...Let's see...the info's good. I guess he'd be able to lend a hand..."

Suddenly, a bright flash made the room light up, before it died down. Unexpectedly, the other girl he remembered was floating in front of him. Of course, Joshua had only one thing to say in response to this....

"Eeep..."

Last edited by superjwren329; Jan 14, 2007 at 05:43 PM.