View Single Post

JCF Member

superjwren329 is doing well so far

Jan 14, 2007, 05:39 PM
Chapter 2: As sweet as Sugar? (L)

The newcomer slowly opened her eyes, taking in her new surroundings. The walls or things in the room didn't matter, something seemed to have brought her here in her search. Perhaps...she'd found what she was looking for at last? Before she could leave, unhappy that this place didn't hold what she was searching for, her eyes found Joshua, quietly edging his way towards the door. His hand reached for the handle...

Before he was tackled over and hugged tightly by the girl who was smiling.

"I found you, Master Joshua! I knew I was right! I heard rumors that you were killed in a battle not to long ago...but you survived! I knew you would come through and come back to me! We can get married now!" the girl smild, snuggling up against Joshua.

".......Uh....Nice to see you too, Sugar. I must say...it has been a while since I saw you. I was beginning to wonder if YOU were okay. Now...could you let go...please? Your hugging...me...too tight..." Joshua groaned.

Sugar simply kept Joshua in his arms, before planting a kiss on his cheek.

"H-Hey! I didn't come to my home just to...have time with you...Something....Something's happening, Sugar. I'm glad you came. You'll be able to help me and Norn..."

"You're with another girl?! Without me here?! You're not making your future wife happy!" Sugar angrily cut in.

Joshua crouched down into a ball. He tried to make himself as small as possible, trying to hide while Sugar was yelling at him. She always got this way when he was with other girls. Even though he never intended of marrying any of them...Sugar seemed quite determinted to make Joshua her's.

"S...Sugar? It's all right...she saved my life. I wouldn't be here if she didn't. So, you should just relax...And another thing...I'm not gonna marry you unless you can catch me first! Nyah!" Joshua teased, before racing out of the room, making his way through the many corridors, before he realised he had made a mistake. A few seconds later, a huge crashing sound could be heard. Joshua had collided into a wall, full on. Cracks appeared in it. Sugar and Norn rushed over to him, before Joshua fell backwards.

"Wuh....Oooo...Look at all the stars...pretty...stars...Duhhhhh....*thud*"

Joshua was out cold. As Norn and Sugar raced to the medical bay to get something to revive him, Joshua found himself back in his memories...again. Normally, he wouldn't mind. but it was getting a bit annoying. He'd rather leave it for later, but curiosity got the better of him...and the knowldge that he had of his Video Dimension adventures began...

*Flash Back*

>I remember...when I went to the world...where alchemists were rare...Klein...Lita...Everyone seemed determined to stop the one after the chaos. But...I recall...before I met them, I was walking through a thick forest. A loud cry came from nearby, I found a few monsters trying to finish off a young cat girl. I managed to fend them off and get her home. The girl introduced me to her master, Zeldadia, who taught me quite a few things before I met up with Klein and the others...Well...I remember her always wanting me to watch out for her...or hold her hand when she was scared...I never left her by herself, making sure she didn't get lost...Norn....<

>The events happened so quickly...the world returned to peace...but he'd lost one of his swords in the previous battle...along with a friend. He went his own way afterwards, contemplating what to do next. I decided to reforge a new sword...one in memory of my friend. But...I needed help. I ended up calling for help from a Guardian Beast...and that's how I met Sugar. I found out she was a friend of my 'real' father, who said that he was going to give Sugar my hand in marriage! I was surprised at this, but we made a good team, trying not to get too close. Before I forged my sword...and after so many things happened, I found myself devestated when I was told by a friend of my father, that the only way to save the world from it's doom ws to sacrifice Sugar to make a weapon powerful enough...to defeat the evil plauging it.<

>Hah...I'd been through her with so much...I didn't realise what I did next. I guess it was my love and caring for her, that made me stop the whole process. I knew there was very little chance I could suceed without a powerful enough weapon...but...I came what I wanted to do...and forged the Light Bringer. Sugar was standing next me, smiling happily while I looked at the blade's radiant glow. I barely managed to pull through the battle...I took a beating...but Sugar saved my life...<

"Darn it...This isn't helping...the more I think about them...the more I feel...love...towards them...but...I love Eiko and Adis too...what am I going to do...? No...This will have to wait. My duty comes first...I know I have feelings for them...and if I pick someone...the others would be crushed...But...enough...I have...to get up..." Joshua thought.

The pain in his head slolwy disappeared, before he opened his eyes, found the hallways empty and quickly crawled back to his room. It was a few minutes later, that he could hear banging on his bedroom door. Covering his ears, hiding behind a bookcase, he closed his eyes, before the door buckled.

"This ain't gonna end well...I'll be lucky if they don't tear me in two...Just as long as I can stay away...I'll be fine..."

Placing an icepack on his throbing head, he closed his eyes and went to sleep. The door kept buckling, but held out. The noise was soon replaced with a loud argument...

>I don't...need...this...Guh...Grrr...<

His body began to twitch, before he got up, unable to take anymore, flung the door open and...

"Huh? Empty? Maybe I'm going crazy..."

"Boo."

Joshua jumped into the air, scared, unexpecting that his head hit the ceiling, another lump forming on his head.

"Owww...Sugar...Never...do that again." Joshua groaned.

Rubbing his sore head, he looked up at her, who was smiling.

"I'll make it better...Just sit still..." Sugar smiled.

*kiss!*

"H-Hey! Cut it out! Stop it!"